The Scout Oath
The Scout Law
A Scout is
On my honor, I will do my best:
To do my duty to God and my country,
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.
Do a Good Turn Daily
As an American, I will do my best to…
Be CLEAN in my outdoor manners,
Be CAREFUL with fire,
Be CONSIDERATE in the outdoors, and
Be CONSERVATION minded.
Troop 58 Handbook (PDF - updated 2019)
The BSA Annual Medical Form can be found at http://www.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_ABC.pdf - only the form with the date 2014 is acceptable (dated in lower right hand corner). Exams must have been completed within the last 12 months before camp (e.g. a July 2016 physical is OK for July camp, but not August camp).
This form MUST be used and MUST be provided to our Medical Director, Dr. Roddy, in triplicate before our final meeting in June.
We require three (3) copies in order to meet the demands of the camps for a copy, to retain a copy to be taken on all trips, and to maintain a copy with an emergency contact at home.
Troop Program Features: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7RBJWS-q_CeeTRhTXF1RGljcE0
Troop Program Features 2: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7RBJWS-q_CeMHlSc2xUZHJfclE
Troop Program Features 3: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7RBJWS-q_CebGZaMTJDOHo4NHc
Steps to Earning a Merit Badge
1. Decide on merit badge to work on.
2. Obtain a pre-signed merit badge blue card from your Scoutmaster.
3. Obtain merit badge booklet, either from troop Librarian or by purchasing it at the council office.
4. Read booklet thoroughly.
5. Get name and number of a merit badge counselor for the merit badge you’re working on. Troop leaders have updated MB counselor lists.
6. Make initial contact with the counselor and arrange for a meeting.
7. If the meeting will be at the counselor’s house, bring a parent, or bring a fellow Scout with you.
8. Complete all the requirements. If you need additional meetings with your counselor, schedule them.
9. When all the requirements are completed, meet with the counselor one last time to have the card signed. The counselor will retain 1/3 of the card for his/her records.
10. Return the remainder of the card to your Scoutmaster, who will sign it again, and keep part of it. Hand the card to the Advancement Chairperson.
11. Receive the merit badge patch at an upcoming meeting. Your part of the blue card should be returned to you also.
12. Receive the merit badge certificate at the next Court of Honor.
Merit Badge Requirements